Your safety is our top priority, please take a moment to read through our policies before joining us in class.
For all students, parents and guardians at Willow Dance and Fitness Ltd - expectations in respect of pupils admitted to the Dance School.
The teachers at Willow Dance and Fitness dedicate themselves to being the very best dance, performing arts and fitness teachers they can be. They regularly attend classes for themselves, along with many CPD courses covering a variety of subjects. As a school, they pride themselves on raising confident, happy students who support each other in the development of their rounded performance education.
Please take note of the following guidelines. We would like to stress that these points are of great importance in assuring the wellbeing of all students at Willow Dance and Fitness. Any student unable or unwilling to profit from the education provided at the school may be asked to withdraw from the school after reasonable notice. Encourage your child to learn the rules of the school and perform within them.
It is vital that students arrive in good time for their classes and please ensure they have been to the toilet before the session has begun. Should any student be running late, always inform the dance teacher. A student arriving late to class may miss important information, impede the learning of others and miss the warm up section, which could increase the risk of injury.
Regular attendance is extremely important. If students do not attend on a regular basis, then the development of the individual student will be affected. Students attendance will be monitored as they prepare for their examinations, and those who fail to attend classes and additional lessons may attain lower results from ISTD or be withdrawn from the examination day.
Pupils are expected to behave in an orderly, civilised, well-mannered way and show respect to their teachers, assistants and other students when attending Willow Dance and Fitness. Failure to comply with the rules and regulations may result in withdrawal from the school. Bullying in any form will not be tolerated.
All personal information at the school is kept confidential and will not be discussed or shared by the school with any other parent or student. All school emails and letters which contain confidential and/or privileged information are intended for only the person to whom it is addressed. Any unauthorised copying, forwarding, disclosure or distribution of the material contained in emails and its attachment/s is strictly prohibited.
Students should avoid bringing any valuable personal items to class as Willow Dance and Fitness cannot be held responsible for lost or damaged items. Should a dance teacher come across uniform or belongings that are named, these items will be handed back to the individual in class at the next available opportunity.
It is important that students come to classes dressed in full dance uniform in order to be able to work correctly and safely. Personal presentation is part of the discipline taught within the school and is imperative should any students wish to progress into a performance career of any kind. All students must come to class with their hair up and out of their face - headbands for students with shorter hair. Come prepared to dance. Please visit http://www.willowdancea
ndfitness.co.uk/uniform.html to purchase Willow Dance and Fitness’ uniform.
Remuneration and Fees
Fees must be paid upfront at the beginning of term through our online registration system and Parent Portal. We have the right to sit any student down during class should fees be left unpaid beyond the invoice payment deadline.
Should we (Willow Dance and Fitness) cancel a class for any reason, an alternative class may be arranged or refunds applied to next terms fees. Should a student wish to stop attending Willow Dance and Fitness, a minimum written notice of half a term (generally 6 weeks) must be made.
Data Protection Policy
Student and parent information are confidential and retained in accordance with the Willow Dance and Fitness Data Protection Policy, which can be found on our website.
Health and Safety
Parents and students should make themselves familiar with the Health and Safety policy put in place by Willow Dance and Fitness and agree to the procedures in place. Any Health and Safety concerns should be raised to the directors of the company at email@example.com
The Code of Conduct has been agreed by the directors of Willow Dance and Fitness and will be reviewed on a regular basis.
1 Our approach
• If you have any questions about this Policy or would like any further information please write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
2 What information do we collect
• Personal data means any information relating to a person who can be identified either directly or indirectly (“Personal Data”). It may include name, address, email address, phone number, credit or debit card number and IP address.
• We will use, store or otherwise process any of your Personal Data in accordance with the terms of this Policy, including but not limited to, your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, bank details, credit or debit card number, and any other Personal Data collected on registration with Willow Dance and Fitness.
You may give us information about yourself when you complete a ‘contact us’ form on our website. This may include your name, email address, address, phone number and any other additional information that you may provide to us.
3 Children's data
• This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. However, if you are under 16 years of age and you provide us with information on an application form (online or printed) your parent(s) or guardian(s) must give their permission.
• We do not knowingly send marketing communications to persons under the age of 18.
4 How we will use your personal data
We will only process your Personal Data, in accordance with applicable law, for the following purposes:
• internal record keeping
• dealing with your enquiries and requests
• entering students for dance examinations
• resolving any disputes
• to comply with applicable law, for example, in response to a request from a court or regulatory body, where such request is made in accordance with the law.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure the Personal Data that we store is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
5 Information security
• The Internet is not a secure medium. However, we have put in place various security procedures as set out in this Policy.
• We believe that we have appropriate policies, rules and technical measures to protect the Personal Data that we have under our control from unauthorised access.
6 Disclosure of your personal information
There are circumstances where we may wish to disclose or are compelled to disclose your Personal Data to third parties. This will only take place in accordance with the applicable law and for the purposes listed below. These scenarios include disclosure:
• to our employees
• to third party service providers in order to protect the security or integrity of our organisation, including our databases and systems and for business continuity reasons
• to legal advisors who may need to advise us or manage or litigate a claim
• to public authorities or other third parties where we are required by law to do so.
7 Retention of personal data
Your Personal Data will be retained for as long as it is necessary (unless longer retention is required by the applicable law).
8 Your rights in relation to your information
• Data protection law provides you with certain rights, including the right to: access, rectify, withdraw consent, erase, restrict, transport, and object to the processing of, your Personal Data. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority if you believe your Personal Data is not being processed in accordance with applicable data protection law.
9 Linked websites
We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you accessed the third party website using links from our Website. We recommend that you check the policy of each website you visit before deciding whether to proceed and contact the owner or operator of such website if you have concerns or questions.
10 Third parties
Where you submit information on behalf of another person, you confirm that you have made that person aware of how we may collect, use and disclose their Personal Data, the reason you have provided it, how they can contact us, the terms of this Policy and that they have consented to such collection, use and disclosure.
11 Compliance with Privacy Laws
Willow Dance and Fitness complies with the data protection and privacy laws to which it is subject. You should satisfy yourself that you are familiar with those laws, including any exceptions which may apply under them. You should also be aware that privacy laws in various jurisdictions may change from time to time.
12 Changes to this Policy
We reserve the right to amend or modify this Policy without notice, it is your responsibility to check our Policy.
Willow Dance and Fitness have an important and explicit duty to safeguard and protect children from harm and abuse in their dance classes. This policy will outline safeguarding procedures within the dance school. All children's rights will be protected.
• We believe that no child or young person should be the subject of neglectful or abusive behaviour.
• We will promote and maintain the welfare of every child in our care and seek to protect them from harm regardless of race, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief or any other form of identity or creed. We will create a safe and welcoming environment for all.
This policy applies to all our staff and volunteers, and covers children under the age of 18 and/or vulnerable adults under the age of 24.
To protect children and young people in our care, we will:
• Value and respect children and listen to what they have to say
• Work with children, parents and relevant organisations when necessary
• Make our policy accessible to all staff, parents and students
• Ensure all required checks are made when hiring staff and that those in regular contact with children hold a current DBS check
• Provide appropriate training and support to all staff
• Take responsibility for children and young people’s safety when in our care
• Ensure parents have given permission before any pictures or videos of students are used
• Report suspected neglect or abuse to the nominated member of staff, relevant organisation, or police
• Ensure that this policy is reviewed annually and regularly updated
Additional Guidance A: Reporting Suspected Neglect or Abuse
Concerns regarding a child’s welfare can be reported by:
• The child or young person
All allegations of neglect or abuse will be taken seriously. If a concern is reported directly by the child or young person we will not seek to disagree, ask probing or leading questions, or do anything else which may discourage them.
We will make clear that reported concerns cannot be kept confidential but will need to be shared with a nominated member of staff or external organisation. Parents or guardians will also be involved if appropriate.
We recognise that early action is vital. Any concerns will be reported immediately.
If the child or young person is in immediate danger of harm, we will contact the police on 01483571212 or 999In all other cases, we will report concerns to Children's services – Surrey on 0300 4709100
Additional Guidance B: Appropriate Physical Contact in Dance
Teaching dance is a physical activity and a teacher will sometimes need to make physical contact with a student to show an idea or to correct the student’s position.
This can include:
• Adjusting arms, legs, rib cage, hips, feet, hands
• Moving one student in relation to another
Where contact is needed, we will remain sensitive to the student’s wishes and put their welfare first. In all cases, we will say why and how we will be correcting the student’s position before making any contact.
We encourage students to report any concerns.
Additional Guidance C: Chaperoning Children to and from Dance Events
When chaperoning students to an event, we will:
• Provide parents and students with information about what the event is for
• Provide parents and students with the full address of the event
• In cases where the event is taking place in a large building, we will also give the room or studio number where possible
• Make sure that students are aware of what they should do if they get lost
• Ask parents and students for their contact details in case of emergency
• Have a clear idea of how students will be cared for while at the event
We will ensure that chaperones hold all required checks and licences and are aware of our Child Protection Policy.
In the rare event that a child goes missing and all efforts to find them have failed, police emergency services will be called. Immediate action can make all the difference.
Additional Guidance D: Use of Photographs and Film of Children
We recognise that taking images of students in our care may not always be appropriate and that some children and parents may not want images taken at any time.
Therefore, before taking images of a child or young person, we will:
• Make clear to the child and parent where and when the image will be taken
• Clearly identify the person who will be taking the image
• Seek written agreement from parents that images can be taken of their child
Where we have publicly displayed images at our school or on social media, parents and students may withdraw their permission at any time. In such cases, the images will be removed as soon as is reasonable and without question.
We ask that any parent wanting to take photographs or film at our events only do so with our prior permission. Permission will only be granted on the agreement of all present.
These precautions have been put into place for the health and safety of the students, staff and family members of those in attendance of classes at Willow Dance and Fitness in order to reduce the risk of spreading Covid-19 and must be agreed to before attending class:
• Upon arrival at the location of class, students and parents should wait at the recommended 2m distance outside
• Students will arrive in dance attire, with a bottle of water if necessary. They will bring their dance shoes, and no excess clothing or personal belongings will be allowed into the studio. Each student will have their own space in which to keep their outdoor shoes and water bottle while dancing
• Teachers will wear masks where possible
• When invited into and dismissed from the location for class, students will receive hand sanitiser from the teacher
• Parents will no longer be allowed on site
• Student numbers will be as such that the 2m recommended distance can be maintained during class
• Toilet facilities within our premises will be restricted and therefore it is recommended that students use their own toilet before arriving at class
• Teachers will clean student belonging areas between each class
Miss Paula and Miss Grace will regularly review this policy and make changes as time progresses should they need to.
When joining any of our classes at Willow Dance and Fitness, you have actively agreed to the following Terms and Conditions during your registration process. Should you be attending a trial class prior to registration, please read these Terms and Conditions and give us written confirmation of your agreement.
• Within dance class, teachers will occasionally be required to make physical contact with children in order to provide the best training possible.
• From time to time, teachers may take photos or video footage within the class. If you do not wish for your child to be included in this footage, which may be used on the school social media page, you must inform us via email.
• Please ensure you inform Miss Grace and Miss Paula via email or text with six weeks notice if your child no longer wishes to attend class in order to avoid potential extra charges.
• Willow Dance and Fitness cannot be held responsible for the loss or damage of personal belongings while travelling to or attending our classes, please leave these at home.
• You must ensure you/your child is fit to dance and is following any advice given by medical professionals when attending class. While we will make every effort to ensure our students seem fit to dance and verbally check in with them, Willow Dance and Fitness cannot be held responsible for injuries sustained during class.
• Willow Dance and Fitness hold the right to withhold exam entries and withdraw exam candidates at any point.
• This website is owned by Willow Dance and Fitness Ltd who can be contacted via email on email@example.com or via telephone on 07936564983. Further information can be found on Companies House.
• The intended use of this website is for information only to provide our potential customers with the information they require in order to join our dance school. Any misuse of the website will result in action being taken.
• Willow Dance and Fitness are not liable for the content on any websites linked within this website.
• When commenting on our blog or getting in touch with us, users must not post illegal content or that which could be considered defamatory or abusive.